Should there be any aspect of our service with which you are unhappy we set out below our complaints procedure.
1. If you have a complaint, contact us with the details and we will record your complaint:
2. We will send you a letter within 7 working days acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
3. If you reply to our letter at 2 we will reply within 5 days.
4. Your complaint will then be investigated.
5. Within 5 days of completing the investigation you will be invited to meet the person handling your complaint with a view to resolving it.
6. If the meeting at 5 results in your complaint being resolved, you will be sent a letter confirming the terms of the agreement reached.
7. You must let us know if you don’t want a meeting and if you do that within 5 days you will be sent a reply that will include suggestions for resolving the complaint.
8. If after the steps at 6 or 7 you are still not satisfied you then can decide whether to:
8.1 Take independent legal advice and you are free to do that at any time.
8.2 Refer the matter to mediation by The Centre for Effective Disputes Resolution.
8.3 Make a complaint to the SRA
8.4 You have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. The time limit for doing so is 6 months from the conclusion of our complaints process. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at PO Box 15870 Birmingham, B30 9EB, www.legal ombudsman.org.uk, Tel: 0300 555 0333.
Where the word ‘days’ has been used, it means working days and not Weekends or Bank Holidays and if any of the timing, for good reason, has to be changed we will let you know and explain why.
If your complaint is about our costs, you may also have the right to object to the bill by applying to the Court for an assessment under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974 but you will have to pay interest on the amount of the bill that is adjudicated to be due from the date of the delivery of the bill to the date on which it is paid.